Why We Walk
On September 18th we will gather at Nationals Park to help those impacted by Parkinson’s (including those diagnosed with the disease as well as carepartners). Your financial support will ensure that they have access to programs and services to improve their quality of life. While there is not cure for Parkinson’s, those impacted by it can take proactive steps to enjoy life. Funds raised will:
- Provide Parkinson’s focused exercise programs including aerobics, dance and yoga.
- Provide communications programs led by trained Speech Therapists to help people with the disease slow the deterioration of their vocal cords.
- Provide holistic support to combat depression.
- Support education programs including efforts designed to reduce barriers between physicians and those impacted by Parkinson’s to improve quality of care.
- Provide Support Groups that share resources to those newly diagnosed with Parkinson’s, giving them valuable tools to live well with the disease.
- Foster community so those impacted by Parkinson’s understand they do not face the disease alone.
By supporting our cause, you help Walk Off Parkinson’s.